Are you looking for an effective, highly durable, and comfortable paddle? We bet you have not tried the Selkirk S2 Amped Pickleball paddle yet. This is one of the best and the latest versions of the S2 series pickleball paddles from Selkirk.
When playing pickleball, you need a paddle designed to allow you to play the game effectively. Even though there are other similar products on the market, it is best to go for that which offers the best results.
This paddle features the largest surface area in all the Amped paddle lines, which gives you improved versatility and an impressive sweet spot. It provides you with better accuracy and allows you to place shots in the target easily. What’s more, the handle is designed to protect you from injury using technologies such as Vibration Control and Torque Suppression.
Table of Contents
Selkirk S2 Amped Pickleball Paddle
Selkirk S2 AMPED Pickleball Paddle is a brilliant invention by Tony Tollenaar, a US Open Silver Medalist. He wanted to design a paddle with a shorter handle and a larger surface area, unlike the Selkirk Amped Epic. This led to a great, fully proportionate pickleball paddle that is well equipped for the sport.
This pickleball paddle features a short 4.5-inches handle and an 8-inch broad-bodied face. These dimensions are effective because they boost control, power, and shot consistency. In addition, a shorter handle increases the hitting surface area and boosts balance during shots.
Selkirk S2 Amped Pickleball Paddle also has the same technology used in designing and constructing other top-level Amped paddles such as Amped Invikta. These features include the Edge sentry edge guard, FiberFlex paddle face, and the Selkirk X5 core.
Who is the Product For?
Selkirk S2 Amped Pickleball paddle is designed with the needs of every pickleball player in mind. The exquisite form and functionality are effective for any player who wants to dominate the sport because they enhance their capabilities by combining technology with conscious experience.
- Dimensions: 15.75 inches by 8 inches, with a 4.5-inch handle.
- Weight: Lightweight version (7.4-7.8 ounces) and medium-weight version (7.9-8.4 ounces)
- X5 Honeycomb Core which offers boosted power and control
- FiberFlex Paddle Face for extra spinning
- Extra-large Sweet-Spot embedded in the Selkirk Amped range
- Vibration control technology with torque suppression
As stated before, the Selkirk Amped S2 Pickleball Paddle has the largest surface area of all the Amped series lines. It is 15.75 inches long, a perfect size that gives you enough room to reach and smash the pickleball with increased leverage.
The paddle has a FiberFlex face that is 8 inches wide. This broad face maximizes control, especially when you are playing over the net. Combined with a much shorter paddle handle of 4.5 inches, it gives you enough space allowance to make powerful shots. A shorter handle increases the hitting surface area and boosts balance during shots. It is perfect for people who opt for shorter handles because they can easily place their thumb or fingers on the paddle face.
This pickleball paddle from Selkirk is available in two sizes, a lightweight version and a medium-weight version. The lighter version weighs anywhere between 7.4 to 7.8 ounces, while the heavier version weighs 7.9 to 8.4 ounces. Whichever version you choose depends on your preferences. If you want a quick-reaction type of play, you should go with the lighter version. The heavier version is best for more powerful shots.
It is worth noting that the X5 Honeycomb core, which is present in both versions, helps boost power and control. Therefore, you won’t be losing much in terms of agility and strength regardless of the option you choose. You will feel confident and comfortable because the weight is just right to allow you to maneuver with ease while still retaining a powerful shot.
For those who prefer a large sweet spot, the Selkirk Amped S2 Pickleball Paddle has the largest one in the Amped class. The paddle brings about excellent game performance combined with maximized sweet-spot Vibration Control technology, EdgeSentry edge guard, Torque Suppression, and a comfortable grip. As a result, you can spin easily with more power and control.
- Selkirk Amped S2 Pickleball Paddle comes with an X5 Honeycomb core in both the lightweight and medium-weight versions. This powerful core boosts your shooting power and control, giving you better and more accurate shots every time.
- It also features a FiberFlex Paddle Face that improves spin and shot control. This technology allows you to spin quickly without much resistance, while delivering strong shots that land on the target every time.
- This Amped S2 series from Selkirk also comes with the largest Sweet-Spot in the whole Amped class. The large surface area gives you a more comfortable grip, enhancing your overall performance in the game. Combined with the Vibration Control technology, you can quickly execute stronger shots while giving you maximum control during each hit.
- Each swing of this incredible pickleball paddle is smooth, and when the pickleball hits the face, you barely feel the impact. It also comes with robust Torque Suppression and Vibration Control technology, which make the handle more comfortable. This technology is effective in reducing the chances of injuring a player’s arm during play.
- Some people might find the pricing of this S2 Amped Pickleball Paddle from Selkirk too steep.
- Also, some players prefer a longer handle, and the 4.5-inch handle on this paddle might not work well for them.
If you are an avid fan of pickleball, you understand the importance of having the right gear for the sport. Having equipment that you are comfortable with allows you to excel better in the game. Naturally, one of the most important things to focus on is the paddle.
The Selkirk S2 Amped Pickleball Paddle is among the best paddles on the market. It features all the best technologies that allow players to serve more potent and more accurate shots efficiently. The short handle and broad face, combined with Torque Resistance and Vibration Control, bring about the best qualities you could possibly want in a pickleball paddle.
Our greatest hope is that this in-depth review comes in handy in your decision-making process when you want to shop for a pickleball paddle.